Not sure what all the fuss is about here because 0/4 at our table was impressed by the food. Maybe we happened to order the duds, but some items were from Yelpers I know who rated the dishes 4/5!
#3. Green papaya salad with beef jerky, nut in sweet and sour fishsauce ($6.50)
- Tasted boring and sort of on the bland side -- maybe because there wasn't enough beef jerky to go around?
- Token amount of beef jerky which was tough and slightly sweet.
- There's butter?
- Crispy, with some parts very crispy.
- Slightly spicy-hot.
- Pretty tasty! Basically the only thing we ordered tonight that was tasty at all.
- Almost $1 per wing at $6.50 for 7 wings.
- Pretty boring. Nothing special here unless you happen to particularly like their grilled pork, which was nothing special for me.
- I don't recall getting or any pork balls. Thanks for sharing guys. <.<
- So bland except for that shrimp paste, which is really powerful so watch out. Try just a drop (yes, ONE DROP) first before going gung-ho on it.
- Oily deep fried rolls.
- There's crab?
- Actually, despite not tasting any crab, there actually is crab. We dissected one piece to dig around for it, and found a small, dry, tasteless chunk of white stuff that had the correct appearance and texture of a chunk of crab meat.
#42 Watermelon smoothie ($4.50)
- Tasted like watermelon. Nothing special. Pass.
Condiments at the table. That green garlic (?) isn't so garlicky at all. The pickling must have extracted the flavour into the liquid.
You scoop it out with the one spoon that's INSIDE the bottle. The handle obviously doesn't dunk into the sauce -- but there's no telling how low someone holds it, eh?