Skip to main content

White Spot (Cardero) Beyond Burger

White Spot Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Ended up at White Spot for a friend's birthday party. Been absolutely ages since I was at any outlet. Maybe I remember them a bit too fondly but for what I got, price felt outrageous. Even their french fries were so disappointing my mom said not to reheat them and just throw it out for the birds (no really -- she actually suggested that).

Crispy Cauliflower Bites ($10.49) glazed in sweet chili sauce and served with mango herb salsa over cilantro sour cream; toasted almonds.
  • Taste is quite decent although prone to being covered up by the various sauces and flavours on the plate.
  • Not even remotely crispy.
Avocado Beyond Burger™ ($17.49) Chargrilled 100% plant-based Beyond Meat® patty with fresh avocado, pickled onions, roasted corn, lettuce & tomato. Jalapeño ranch & edamame hummus. Comes with choice of Caesar Salad, The Spot's Salad, or Creamy Coleslay and Endless Signature Kennebec Fries.
  • Mediocre tasting burger. Not even particularly big. At $17.49 it is charitable to say what you get is disappointing for the price.
  • I isolated a good chunk of the Beyond Meat patty to try, and it was actually really rather good. The look of the texture inside wasn't meat-like at all, but it was juicy, taste was good (though not really in a way you could positively identify which animal it's supposed to be), and the texture in your mouth was also ground burger patty like.
  • They charred some of the patty, which is fine as that can give a nice flavour on its own. However I felt there was a bit too much charring such that it dominated the burger overall.
  • I opted for the Creamy Coleslaw and Endless Signature Fries. If you substitute the fries for something else, it's not endless anymore.
  • Coleslaw used sunflower seeds, which made it different and interesting, but at the same time the coleslaw didn't have a crisp, sharp, refreshing bite that coleslaws often have.
  • The fries were limp. One step away from outright soggy. FAIL. I thought that might have been a fluke, so I asked for more fries (since it's endless, right?) and was careful to tell them I wasn't in a hurry and if I could get a freshly prepared order. Result was the same. FAIL.
Overall score would be a fail for such an expensive yet disappointing main. However, White Spot does have some non-food related redeeming qualities, such as being able to host large groups and unlike many restaurants, not being anxious about how long your party is there. Our largish party of almost 20 persons did not get a pre-calculated tip added to the bill.

Bonus point for our server Fergie who brought me my order of fries in a takeout box. It had apparently taken the kitchen long enough to fry up another batch and by then our party was almost ready to disperse. So bringing it to me in a takeout box was the correct move.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Melissa Gaines and her blurry sexy pics

Oh boy! I had no sooner finished posting about the lovely Taylor Burch responding to my personals ad on Craigslist when Melissa Gaines (e-mailing from erikmcclure858@yahoo.com) mailed me a couple more pictures of her lithe body and selling her profile on the same looks-like-a-phishing-scam site (http://craigslistsafe.net/profiles/melx3/). One of them was an NSFW naked-breasts pic which I haven't posted here (sorry -- but honestly, nothing to write home about, especially with the serious bikini tan lines). Here's the e-mail exchange: Melissa e-mail #1 Here is my picture as attached. Please e-mail me details what you are looking for along with your pictures. Thanks and waiting to hear from you soon. Melissa e-mail #2 hey thanks for getting back to me we should definitely meetup sometime... if youre interested of course :) a couple things i should set straight though: 1 we use condoms 2 you join a dating site that I belong to safedates no worries though its fr

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 3

A picture from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. I can't remember why I had this couple in the picture, but I do vaguely remember this to be in London, on the first official day of the tour group getting together. Their insistence on my helping them take a picture caused the three of us to be late getting back to the bus. The local tour guide had a "rule" about lateness, that we had to buy chocolate to share with everyone. As it turned out, later in the trip, on at least two occasions, we were stuck on the highway on either a long commute or a traffic jam, and I had chocolate and chocolate-covered marzipan to share. About the chocolate-covered marzipan -- Apparently we were in Austria just as they were celebrating Mozart's birthday with special marzipans wrapped in foil with the famous composer's picture. I'm pretty sure it was Mirabell Mozartkugeln . Anyway, there were enough to go around the en

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 10

The last of my pictures (at least the ones that survived the cheesy disposable cameras) from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. Below is the obligatory group photo. Not sure everyone's in it, actually. I'm pretty sure this one was taken by the tour director, Mike Scrimshire as I'm in the back row, on the right side.