Skip to main content

Cobblestone Farms Fully Cooked Pork Back Ribs in Honey & Garlic Barbecue Sauce


Lots of good deals at No Frills this week, including 454g sticks of Lactantia butter at $2.97 -- and (as of Sunday morning anyway) no limit on the amount you can buy. I also picked up at $5.97 Cobblestone Farms Fully Cooked Pork Back Ribs in Honey & Garlic Barbecue Sauce.

It's a big box with a big bag that has a generous amount of barbecue sauce. My pack had a total of 7 ribs. The box is definitely way bigger than it needs to be. Give it a shake and you will know just how deceptively big it is.

What I liked about this product was that it was hard to mess up since it's already cooked. In the worst case, you can just heat it up and eat. I have a small electric grill and a Cookina Barbecue Mat, so I gave it a go with those but the instructions allow microwaving and using an oven.

Cooking instructions were simple and good enough. And with the excessive amount of sauce, you have plenty to spare after you account for loss from dripping off the grill. The Barbecue Mat saved me from using too much, but by the time cooking was done, the sauce that had dripped onto the mat was thoroughly burnt into crackers. Still easy to clean, though. And I have about a cup and a half of sauce left over.

The meat is not quite fall-off-the-bone but it does come free easily. Basically whatever "cooking" you are doing with this product is to sear the sauce onto the meat if you can. Otherwise you can pour it on later after separately heating the sauce. Definitely don't feel pressured to use all the sauce.

Overall, nothing special here except the sheer easy convenience of cooking and eating hot ribs at home. Regular price is $9.99 so this week is definitely the week to try (or stock up).

Comments

  1. One of the most disappointing purchases ever. My package was all sauce and very little meat. We had nine ribs, but they were tiny and had very little meat. We cooked them as per the instructions. The meat was very dry - not juicy at all. From now on, we will cook our own ribs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're npt alone. I got 400 grams from a box of 680 grams

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your experience, Dave. The weight is on the package (whatever the box size, the weight should basically add up properly). It sounded like you had nine "tiny" ribs and very little meat -- so most of the weight was sauce??? If so I would definitely complain to the company about that. We had a lot of sauce, but not so much that there wasn't a decent amount of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought these at superstore and they were really good. I got nine normal sized. Wondering if nofrills got a batch of imperfections?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worst frozen ribs ever. Only about 400 of the 680 grams was ribs. The rest was sauce. The ribs were extremely fatty. Worst food experience since Yummy Chicken in Florida 30 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TERRIBLE product. A complete waste of money

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extremely dissapointed! The amount of ribs in the box amounted to maybe half the length of the box. Feeling ripped off 😠

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Melissa Gaines and her blurry sexy pics

Oh boy! I had no sooner finished posting about the lovely Taylor Burch responding to my personals ad on Craigslist when Melissa Gaines (e-mailing from erikmcclure858@yahoo.com) mailed me a couple more pictures of her lithe body and selling her profile on the same looks-like-a-phishing-scam site (http://craigslistsafe.net/profiles/melx3/). One of them was an NSFW naked-breasts pic which I haven't posted here (sorry -- but honestly, nothing to write home about, especially with the serious bikini tan lines). Here's the e-mail exchange: Melissa e-mail #1 Here is my picture as attached. Please e-mail me details what you are looking for along with your pictures. Thanks and waiting to hear from you soon. Melissa e-mail #2 hey thanks for getting back to me we should definitely meetup sometime... if youre interested of course :) a couple things i should set straight though: 1 we use condoms 2 you join a dating site that I belong to safedates no worries though its fr

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 3

A picture from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. I can't remember why I had this couple in the picture, but I do vaguely remember this to be in London, on the first official day of the tour group getting together. Their insistence on my helping them take a picture caused the three of us to be late getting back to the bus. The local tour guide had a "rule" about lateness, that we had to buy chocolate to share with everyone. As it turned out, later in the trip, on at least two occasions, we were stuck on the highway on either a long commute or a traffic jam, and I had chocolate and chocolate-covered marzipan to share. About the chocolate-covered marzipan -- Apparently we were in Austria just as they were celebrating Mozart's birthday with special marzipans wrapped in foil with the famous composer's picture. I'm pretty sure it was Mirabell Mozartkugeln . Anyway, there were enough to go around the en

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 10

The last of my pictures (at least the ones that survived the cheesy disposable cameras) from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. Below is the obligatory group photo. Not sure everyone's in it, actually. I'm pretty sure this one was taken by the tour director, Mike Scrimshire as I'm in the back row, on the right side.