Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Celebrity Cruises Alaskan Inside Passage 2000 memoirs part 3

Around September 2000 I took an Alaskan Inside Passage cruise on the Celebrity Cruises ship "Galaxy". I didn't bring a camera, but I did eventually receive a few pictures from someone I briefly corresponded with from the cruise.

Celebrity Cruises - Alaska - 2000 - 03

Here, the wait staff have joined us in singing "Happy Birthday" to our fellow dining companion. As I recall, it was his birthday, or we had just missed it by a day or so. Anyway, they were happy to do it.

The very next day, by suspicious coincidence, someone else in our party had a birthday. So once again, out rolled the birthday cake and the sing-a-long. The wait staff weren't amused, I recall. I think they were on to us, and I was pretty sure that whoever arranged it had told a fib. In any case, there weren't any more birthdays at our table for the remainder of the cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment