Saturday, December 11, 2010

Subjects Removed - I've got a home!

Almost, anyway.

Subjects have finally been removed on my offer to purchase a small 1-year old apartment in Surrey, near Central City.
Possession won't be till the end of February, but essentially I'm committed to it now. A $10,000 down payment has already gone out, and since I'm buying the whole thing on credit, the interest clock has already started ticking. I have about 3 months to do what I can to pay down as much of the line of credit as I can while still living at home.

Honestly, I don't know if I'm just going to end up moving back a month after I move out, either because of financial issues, or my mom's health, or having to help her out because she's essentially illiterate.

I guess we'll see.

And after six months of living in it, the plan will be to see if I can flip it for a modest profit, and start all over again but with less credit for the down payment.

So here we go on the real estate rollercoaster! Wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment