Skip to main content

Late weekend lunch at Abigail's Party

Abigail's Party on UrbanspoonMy friend and I aimed to a late-ish lunch at Abigail's Party just this past Saturday. I think we got there around 1pm but it was still packed. About 15 minutes later, things died down considerably. If you want to skip the line-up, got a bit later. There's no shortage of window shopping just up the street to occupy your time, if you're not wasting it circling around for parking, that is.

It's pretty tiny on the inside, and if you go in during rush-hour, there's a chance you'll be seated on barstools at the sort-of-communal table, or worse, at the table right at the door where you'll get a blast of winter cold to chill your food every time someone opens the door. Try to be seated cozily inside.

There is NO brunch dessert menu! Horrors! Our lovely and friendly waitress Eloise tried to helpfully point out a couple of dessert-ish items, but honestly, it just didn't feel the same. She did look in the kitchen to see whether they had started prepping dinner desserts yet, but alas, no.


Mood Swing Scramble ($11.95) Roasted Bartlett pears, caramelized onions, brie, basil pesto

  • Their Scrambles are served with three half slices of multigrain toast, with butter, peanut butter, and jam on the side.
  • "Hash browns" can mean different things depending on where you go. Here, it's large chunks of what looked like deep fried potatoes. Each chunk was about 1/3rd to 1/2 the volume of a ping pong ball. Mostly pretty decent, but one or two smaller chunks were over-fried to crispy (which happens when you're waiting for the bigger bits to be done, I guess).
  • Overall this turned out strangely boring and rather disappointing. The ingredients sounded interesting and the bits were definitely in there -- pear, onions, brie, pesto -- but maybe they were just too separate or not enough of it, because mostly I tasted egg. I had more success fooling around with putting the egg on toast, with a bit of jam and just a bit of sriracha chili sauce that was provided.
It's a good sized plate of lunch so it's hard to argue with the price at least. Nothing really horrible about it, so I'm not letting this one dish score the restaurant as being so-so. Will have to go back for a proper meal -- with dessert -- next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 3

A picture from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. I can't remember why I had this couple in the picture, but I do vaguely remember this to be in London, on the first official day of the tour group getting together. Their insistence on my helping them take a picture caused the three of us to be late getting back to the bus. The local tour guide had a "rule" about lateness, that we had to buy chocolate to share with everyone. As it turned out, later in the trip, on at least two occasions, we were stuck on the highway on either a long commute or a traffic jam, and I had chocolate and chocolate-covered marzipan to share. About the chocolate-covered marzipan -- Apparently we were in Austria just as they were celebrating Mozart's birthday with special marzipans wrapped in foil with the famous composer's picture. I'm pretty sure it was Mirabell Mozartkugeln . Anyway, there were enough to go around the en

Meet Melissa Gaines and her blurry sexy pics

Oh boy! I had no sooner finished posting about the lovely Taylor Burch responding to my personals ad on Craigslist when Melissa Gaines (e-mailing from erikmcclure858@yahoo.com) mailed me a couple more pictures of her lithe body and selling her profile on the same looks-like-a-phishing-scam site (http://craigslistsafe.net/profiles/melx3/). One of them was an NSFW naked-breasts pic which I haven't posted here (sorry -- but honestly, nothing to write home about, especially with the serious bikini tan lines). Here's the e-mail exchange: Melissa e-mail #1 Here is my picture as attached. Please e-mail me details what you are looking for along with your pictures. Thanks and waiting to hear from you soon. Melissa e-mail #2 hey thanks for getting back to me we should definitely meetup sometime... if youre interested of course :) a couple things i should set straight though: 1 we use condoms 2 you join a dating site that I belong to safedates no worries though its fr

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 10

The last of my pictures (at least the ones that survived the cheesy disposable cameras) from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. Below is the obligatory group photo. Not sure everyone's in it, actually. I'm pretty sure this one was taken by the tour director, Mike Scrimshire as I'm in the back row, on the right side.