Moon Prawn Cake ($6)
- They use the restaurant picture, which is sort of misleading. The actual size of the "cake" is about six inches in diameter and maybe a bit more than a quarter inch thick.
- Very thin pancakes (like business card paper thin) of some sort sandwiches prawns together.
- You get a lot of prawns. Little bit of filler just to paste the prawns together. No cheating here.
- Because there's so much prawn, there's a nice sweetness to it that I definitely recommend you not use the sweet sauce that comes with it first.
- For $6, this is just an appetizer portion.
- Plain, but tasty. Get this if you really like prawns. Otherwise you might feel "cheated" by its plainness.
- When it just comes out hot and fresh, the skin is very crispy -- sometimes too crispy to pierce with a toothpick!
- Generous with the watery, flavourful sauce.
- Nice, moist, chicken.