- gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free
- low in calories
- fat free
- free of preservatives and MSG
- made with fresh and natural ingredients
BURN smells like salsa and when consumed straight has a sharp sour-salty taste that whets the appetite and is so powerful I really couldn't make out the tomatoes (maybe a little bit), onions, or cilantro. The ingredients are listed as:
- tomatoes, onions, cilantro
- vinegar, water, sea salt, lemon juice
- hot red peppers
- native cornstarch
- capsicum extract, which is what gives the spicy heat in chilies and added here to increase the heat level
The spicy heat doesn't kill other flavours, though. It's mostly a sensation in the mouth rather than, say, a bitter flavour that competes with the dish you used it on.
UPDATE (Mar-24): Tried it with their Pasta sauce. I thought I was going easy by adding just a bit, but apparently it's really powerful (the sour flavour, not the spicy heat) and if you're not careful you can all but obliterate the flavours. Go really easy on the portion with Aji BURN.