Buffalo Cauliflower "Wings" ($8) buttermilk ranch sauce, celery sticks
- Wow was this salty. But the ranch sauce toned it right down so use it.
- Mildly hot with a heat that didn't linger in the mouth.
Szechuan Brussels Sprouts ($8) crispy fried, spicy sesame dressing, toasted almonds
- NOT marked "V" for vegetarian, so there's probably something to the sauce, which had a meaty taste to it (borrowed from steak jus?)
- So salty!
- Maybe at one point it was crispy, but after being bathed in that sauce... not anymore.
Veggie Burger ($15) house-made black bean, almond, and mushroom patty; aged cheddar; roasted tomato relish; crispy onions; lettuce; roasted garlic mayo; on a toasted pretzel bun; served with your choice of fries, green salad, or daily soup
- We asked for the burger to be cut in half, and half salad half fries and they accommodated. Also noticed they gave each side a pickle!
- Somewhat soft patty squished out when I bit into it, so I ended up taking the top off and having this one open face, which worked out quite well.
- Patty actually quite decent! Tasted mildly curried. Mushroom not ground in, so you occasionally got a slice and could taste the mushroom flavour.
- Overall pretty decent as far as veggie burgers go, and OK portion-value for $15.
- NOT too salty!
Sticky Toffee Pudding ($8) Jameson salted caramel, vanilla ice cream
- Really decent! Not overly sweet even if you heap on the sauce.
- OK portion for price, and just right for two persons unless one person has a sweet tooth and selfish personality.