We were seated at a different location in the surprisingly expansive restaurant, and got to see a little bit more of the interior. Each turn of a corner takes you into a different ambiance, making Notch8 a surprisingly versatile dining location.
Lemon Curd Tart ($10) candied peel, vanilla crémeux
- Average sized lemon tart. Barely any sharp tartness, which may be disappointing to some.
- Bitter peels and vanilla cream were totally worthless as a result, and I really didn't need to pay for them, did I?
- Nowhere close to the excellent tart at Tartine so I'm gonna have to rate this one at no more than $6. But you're at the Fairmont, so I suppose a couple of extra dollars are expected.
- Burnt-sugar crème brûlée top.
- Yup, it's pudding all right. Absolutely soaking in sweet berry syrup. So sweet you might want to temper it with the ice cream.
- Otherwise pretty tasty. Definitely a 2-3 person sharing portion based on the sweetness.
- This gets you a POT which has probably 3 mugs in it.
- Better than Starbucks, AND you get to have it in a much nicer space. Next time you're thinking of a quiet place to read or get work done, try asking to be tucked away somewhere quiet, deep inside Notch8.