We were a large party in a full restaurant, so I expected our food to come out slowly--but still not take over 1 hour and with some persons getting theirs very, very late. Pretty much all the food came cold. Wait staff were friendly and always smiled whenever they came to a table, so they were doing their best under the circumstances.
TIP: Do your Yelp check-in BEFORE ordering. The server refused to accept it and had to call over a manager to OK the free Chai at the end of the meal. ALSO, for parties of 6+, you must present your check-in at the start of ordering in order to get the free appetizer.
TIP: Masala Chai is $2.50 and BOTTOMLESS. You can keep asking for it!
Nylon Bhajia ($8) Crispy potato slices lightly battered in chickpea flour with spices and fried until golden. Served with coconut chutney.
- Were not really crispy. Very salty.
- TIP: Ask for a small spoon to help scoop up the chutney onto your potato.
- Interesting to try but not that tasty.
- There is some sort of paste (?) in between the leaves.
- Spicy-hot aftertaste, but not too much.
- Good sized plate, probably one of the more filling options without having to order carbs separately.
- Biryanis are $2 cheaper on Saturdays.
- Will probably be a different experience from what you get at any other Indian restaurant. From the small sample I got, it seemed to have a sour aftertaste. I'm too used to Indian curries to personally like this style.
- The picture below shows the 10oz platter, which honestly did not look like 10oz of meat.
- At the time you order, you can choose between masala potatoes, fries, or naan bread to be your side.
- Very dry and rather tough. At least it seemed well-coated in spices. Possibly kitchen error in how dry it was.
- Paan is apparently bad for you. See the wikipedia article for references.
- For $1.50 you get a cold wrap of betel leaf in foil. The triangular paan is about 3 inches long. See pictures below for the paan wrapped and unwrapped.
- I'm not good with anise, so I definitely wasn't good with the amount of fennel. I therefore found this unpalatable and couldn't sample more than a bit. The leaf itself is also bitter.