Skip to main content

Chicken Liver at Nando's

Nando's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Been ages since I've been here and was surprised to see so many things. Large space with a spacious feel to the seating arrangement. Nice and interesting decor. Clean. And staff friendly and helpful, totally deserving of a tip, so if you agree after your meal, put something on the table if you didn't tip up front when you paid for your order at the counter.

Always in search of something curious to eat, I ended up trying the Grilled Chicken Livers ($7.75 "on its own", comes with either a Portuguese bun or their Portuguese Garlic Bread).

2016-May-19 Nando's Chicken - chicken liver and garlic bread

The garlic bread was faintly garlicky and completely forgettable except that together with the "meat" (liver), it can add up to a light meal for under $10 after tax -- which is hard to find these days.

Liver is liver, and despite choosing the normally sharp-lemony "Lemon & Herb" sauce / baste, the grilled livers tasted like liver. I even asked for extra sauce (which they provided for free!) and completely dipped each piece of liver in it, and the lemon didn't make much of a dent.
I had slightly better luck with the garlic peri-peri sauce available from the condiment counter.

After all that, I was slightly annoyed it cost 25 cents more than a quarter chicken (leg and thigh).

TIP: Frozen Yogurt is supposedly "bottomless", according to the menu! I'll have to test that with an eating crew one day soon...

2016-May-19 Nando's Chicken - bottomless frozen yogurt

2016-May-19 Nando's Chicken - front counter snacks and condiments

2016-May-19 Nando's Chicken - condiments

2016-May-19 Nando's Chicken - napkin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Melissa Gaines and her blurry sexy pics

Oh boy! I had no sooner finished posting about the lovely Taylor Burch responding to my personals ad on Craigslist when Melissa Gaines (e-mailing from erikmcclure858@yahoo.com) mailed me a couple more pictures of her lithe body and selling her profile on the same looks-like-a-phishing-scam site (http://craigslistsafe.net/profiles/melx3/). One of them was an NSFW naked-breasts pic which I haven't posted here (sorry -- but honestly, nothing to write home about, especially with the serious bikini tan lines). Here's the e-mail exchange: Melissa e-mail #1 Here is my picture as attached. Please e-mail me details what you are looking for along with your pictures. Thanks and waiting to hear from you soon. Melissa e-mail #2 hey thanks for getting back to me we should definitely meetup sometime... if youre interested of course :) a couple things i should set straight though: 1 we use condoms 2 you join a dating site that I belong to safedates no worries though its fr

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 3

A picture from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. I can't remember why I had this couple in the picture, but I do vaguely remember this to be in London, on the first official day of the tour group getting together. Their insistence on my helping them take a picture caused the three of us to be late getting back to the bus. The local tour guide had a "rule" about lateness, that we had to buy chocolate to share with everyone. As it turned out, later in the trip, on at least two occasions, we were stuck on the highway on either a long commute or a traffic jam, and I had chocolate and chocolate-covered marzipan to share. About the chocolate-covered marzipan -- Apparently we were in Austria just as they were celebrating Mozart's birthday with special marzipans wrapped in foil with the famous composer's picture. I'm pretty sure it was Mirabell Mozartkugeln . Anyway, there were enough to go around the en

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 10

The last of my pictures (at least the ones that survived the cheesy disposable cameras) from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. Below is the obligatory group photo. Not sure everyone's in it, actually. I'm pretty sure this one was taken by the tour director, Mike Scrimshire as I'm in the back row, on the right side.