I hope all is amazing on your end. Have anything new or exciting to report?
I wanted to reach out and tell you about, Tonight For Tomorrow, Mealshare’s first ever fundraiser/our biggest event ever! It will be a decentralized fundraiser happening on May 18th across 12+ restaurants in Vancouver (and a bunch in Calgary). For every dollar spent on dinner that night, one dollar will be donated to Mealshare to help us grow. How amazing is that?!?! This event will have a massive impact on Mealshare and the youth we help, so I’d really LOVE your help spreading the word.
Many of Vancouver's most prominent city landmarks and buildings (ie BC Place, Science World, and many more) will be light up orange in support of our big event. It will be an evening of delicious food, prizes, and impact!
To help generate a buzz, we've created "The Most Delicious Petition Ever" where people can sign up and commit to dining out that night to help fight youth hunger. Here’s our pop-up site and the petition is near the top of the page. http://www.mealshare.ca/tft
Ideally, we'd love it if you'd share our link to the petition through your mailing list and/or your social media handles (I’ve attached a resource package, which will make this very easy). And, if you're in town on May 18th it would be awesome if maybe you and a group of people could go and eat at Fortune House as they are actually creating 3 different Mealshare set menus for the evening!
Here’s the FB event link, please feel free to invite friends and family. http://bit.ly/1rdj7sl
Thanks so much in advance for all your support!The 12 participating restaurants in Greater Vancouver at this time are:
- Anatoli Souvlaki
- Bauhaus Restaurant - German cuisine by Michelin Star chef Stefan Hartmann
- Fortune House Seafood Restaurant - on their regular menu, every dessert counts as a Mealshare item
- Gurkha Himalayan Kitchen - one of the original restaurants that supported Mealshare; their sister restaurant Yak and Yeti are also participating in Tonight for Tomorrow
- Jamjar - the Taste of Lebanon gives excellent price for portion and you get to try a lot of stuff
- The Oakwood Canadian Bistro
- The Portside Pub
- Sai Woo
- The Greek by Anatoli
- TUC Craft Kitchen - their Orange Glazed Lamb Ribs are super-tasty
- Yak & Yeti Bistro - has jackfruit curry!