Nice clean space inside, and a clean but "hidden" washroom -- ask the staff where it is. They probably keep it incognito to avoid a steady stream of non-paying customers coming to use it.
The menu makes it really easy to get vegetarian and vegan options here. And if you think more veggies = healthy, then this place is a winner.
TIP: Our order also came with a free $1-off coupon. It has two sizes: $1 off a smoothie, and $1 off a pita, and you can use both sides at the same time. This means I could repeat my order for a less-than-$10 lunch! Or, you can wait for your friend to order first and use their coupon...
Spicy Black Bean Famous Pita ($6.99 Petita size, $8.49 Regular size) Vegan
- Choice of white or whole wheat pita.
- Strangely, my Petita Size pita was about the same size as my friend's Regular size one. Might be they packed more veggies in it.
- You can ask for "everything" and they'll put a LOT of veggies into your pita, so much that the filling you are buying starts to look token.
- TIP: Do not use olives like I did, or use them only very sparingly. The sourness will overpower the flavours of everything else.
- I did isolate the flavour of the black bean and it was mediocre.
- The Black Bean patty is chopped up and seared. If you ask for shredded cheese, they can also melt that right onto the patty.
- The pita is rolled tight and you can have the option of toasting it.
- Not very spicy despite the name. They can add more hot sauce for you, though.
- For $7 you get a more filling fast-food item than, say, a fast food chain burger, and at approximately the same price. You are mainly buying a thick veggie roll that's got way more veg than a burger. Into this they put one burger patty worth of filling.
- Overall, price for portion is OK and all that veggie can be reasonably filling.