Their "famous invincible and undefeted tantan noodle" ($9.80 for a big bowl) was still good, and this time I got to try other stuff as well. Overall these choices were not as interesting or tasty, but price for what you get and for the portion is fine.
Corn Steamed Egg Pudding ($6.80) super smooth egg pudding with corn and crab flakes
- There's crab?
- Rather small portion for price. Also watery/soupy.
- Interesting to try but might be an acquired taste; otherwise not that tasty.
- This was OK. Works better if you try not to lose too much of the green onion dressing, which tends to fall off.
- Sizable pieces add up to quite a filling portion of rice.
- Pork cheek looked, felt, and tasted like the ham you can get at superstore if you lightly pan fry it. Just a lot less salty. Rather boring as a result.
- Don't forget the spice blend, which is a very thick and dry paste.