Skip to main content

Neurogenesis Happy Water

The latest sample sent to me by SocialNature is Neurogenesis Happy Water. Happy Water is available at IGA, London Drugs, and other stores.

At IGA and London Drugs, it is $9.99 (same as the suggested retail price on the website) plus 20 cent BC environmental deposit. Also, when I picked it up today at London Drugs, there was a buy-one-get-one Manager's Special (which sadly did not allow me to pick up two with the coupon sent to me by SocialNature).

Happy Water 5L coupon

Happy Water also comes in 500 ml bottles with a suggested retail price of $1.99. If you feel that "water is water", you could compare this to Nestlé® Pure Life®, which is one of the pricier bottled waters available at Superstore, which sells it at $4.99 for 35 bottles, plus $1.05 ecology fee, plus $1.75 "deposit", for a total of $7.79 or roughly 45 cents per two bottles (1 liter).

Happy Water's 5L "bulk" size gives you some savings on price in exchange for a box that doesn't really allow grab-and-go. Even so, at $9.99 + 20 cent ecology fee, it is about $2.04 per liter, or over 4 times as much.
For people like my mom, this makes Happy Water a really tough sell. She tried it, and asked me why she shouldn't just continue boiling her own tap water.

Happy Water does definitely taste different from tap water, and they also claim "Happy Water® is sourced from two ancient Canadian mountain springs. Happy Water’s® blend of spring and mineral water contains naturally occurring lithia, calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium. The rare combination of these minerals creates Happy Water’s® naturally alkaline state."
There is an interesting article on water that supports drinking natural spring water (see the section on Living Water) -- water that is theoretically free of pollution and healthy to drink.

In summary, I think Neurogenesis Happy Water now is like early organic food: You can be convinced it's better for you. But it's so pricey for now that most people will probably just get what's convenient and cheap because we don't feel any difference right away compared to drinking tap water, which is "safe enough" according to the government.
People who educate themselves on water and heath -- AND who are willing to pay a premium for health -- should definitely take a closer look.

At this time, Social Nature is offering the opportunity to TRY HAPPY WATER FOR 20 CENTS. (You get a coupon to try it for "free" but like me, it will probably end up costing you 20 cents for the BC enviro fee).

The shape of the 5L and 10L boxes does have the additional benefit of being easy to store and transport in mass quantities, which makes it an interesting option. The built-in spout is also brilliant, and once my box is empty I will definitely try cracking it open to see if I can re-use the container.
Whether the benefits of boxed water is interesting and useful enough for you to pay 4x more for bottled water is up to you.

Happy Water info 2 of 2
.
Happy Water info 1 of 2
.
Happy Water 5L front
.
Happy Water 5L spout side . Happy Water 5L spout
.
Happy Water 5L nutrition . Happy Water 5L instructions
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 3

A picture from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. I can't remember why I had this couple in the picture, but I do vaguely remember this to be in London, on the first official day of the tour group getting together. Their insistence on my helping them take a picture caused the three of us to be late getting back to the bus. The local tour guide had a "rule" about lateness, that we had to buy chocolate to share with everyone. As it turned out, later in the trip, on at least two occasions, we were stuck on the highway on either a long commute or a traffic jam, and I had chocolate and chocolate-covered marzipan to share. About the chocolate-covered marzipan -- Apparently we were in Austria just as they were celebrating Mozart's birthday with special marzipans wrapped in foil with the famous composer's picture. I'm pretty sure it was Mirabell Mozartkugeln . Anyway, there were enough to go around the en

Meet Melissa Gaines and her blurry sexy pics

Oh boy! I had no sooner finished posting about the lovely Taylor Burch responding to my personals ad on Craigslist when Melissa Gaines (e-mailing from erikmcclure858@yahoo.com) mailed me a couple more pictures of her lithe body and selling her profile on the same looks-like-a-phishing-scam site (http://craigslistsafe.net/profiles/melx3/). One of them was an NSFW naked-breasts pic which I haven't posted here (sorry -- but honestly, nothing to write home about, especially with the serious bikini tan lines). Here's the e-mail exchange: Melissa e-mail #1 Here is my picture as attached. Please e-mail me details what you are looking for along with your pictures. Thanks and waiting to hear from you soon. Melissa e-mail #2 hey thanks for getting back to me we should definitely meetup sometime... if youre interested of course :) a couple things i should set straight though: 1 we use condoms 2 you join a dating site that I belong to safedates no worries though its fr

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 10

The last of my pictures (at least the ones that survived the cheesy disposable cameras) from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. Below is the obligatory group photo. Not sure everyone's in it, actually. I'm pretty sure this one was taken by the tour director, Mike Scrimshire as I'm in the back row, on the right side.