Oh, and you have to submit your printed e-mail to the server to actually get your burger taken off the bill. Apparently the server has to get the sign-off from the duty manager.
My friend and I both got different burgers and the kitchen was kind enough to cut them in half for us so we could both have a solid taste of each. Unfortunately the burgers were not evenly laid out inside, so one of us ended up with most of the patty from the Bleu Ribbon Burger.
Mad Love Burger ($17.29) 100% Black Angus beef burger (half pound) topped with a cheddar and parmesan cris, jalapeño relish, candied bacon, avocado, citrus marinated tomatoes and onions, shredded romaine, ciabatta bun.
- It's a big burger, which makes this order a big meal once you consider the unlimited fries.
- Fries were lousy. I didn't bother finishing them and instead took most of them home for rework. Maybe I'll make a poutine or something.
- Couldn't really taste all the goodies in here except the burger, which was slightly over-done and therefore a bit drier than it should have been.
- The cheese "crisp" is cheese seared till it's dry and brown and crunchy. You can try it at home with cheddar. Didn't get much of that flavour because it was buried under the burger and sauce flavour.
- No bite from the jalapeño at all.
- Don't waste your time getting this. You do get what is advertised, but the flavours of the special ingredients like candied bacon didn't really come through for me. You get a filling meal, but a cheaper Red Robin burger will probably be just as filling, especially when some of the sides are unlimited.
- Blue cheese is so strong that it was basically all I tasted.
- My friend upgraded her unlimited fries to Yam Fries (+$1.49). The dip that came with that was watery. FAIL.
- Apparently you can order tea! I asked for Mint and got a Mint Medley Herbal Tea from Bigelow.
- Came as one small teapot of hot water and one unopened tea bag.
- One mug is standard but they had no problem giving me a second mug for my friend.
- Free hot water refill.