Skip to main content

Instant Pot C6L Error - How to Fix

My InstantPot Duo Crisp malfunctioned within a a year. When I turn on the power, and have the inner pot inside, it showed a C6L error, which is apparently about low pressure. Since it was under warranty I contacted InstantPot and they sent me a replacement Pot. My model is apparently no longer in production (?) because they could not replace it with the exact same model, and they also declined to recover my defective Instant Pot and instructed me to dispose of it.

Now that the replacement has arrived, and since InstantPot wanted me to dispose of my old pot anyway, I decided to try a fix I found on Youtube (see below).

The first thing you need to know if you want to try it is the screw that holds the bottom cover secure requires a screwdriver with a star-shaped head. It seems clear to me they really don't want any owner DIY messing around, so you should probably consider that while it may be fixed, there may also be repercussions and you continue to use your InstantPot at your own risk.
Of course I didn't just happen to have a star-headed screwdriver, but luckily a square-headed screwdriver of appropriate size managed to unscrew it just fine.

Second, the video shows the sensors to be adjusted. You will find those screws are covered by some kind of rubbery seal pasted on. It seems clear that InstantPot really, really, doesn't want anyone fooling around with the settings. Another warning that any DIY fix is at your own risk. Just peel off the rubbery substance and use a small knife or very small screwdriver to adjust the screws.

Finally, the video shows "adjusting" the screws at the sensors but does not explain how exactly. I found out that if you screw it down, eventually the screw will press a plate low enough that it clicks. If both plates are left in that position, the error will persist and you additionally get another error.

So I screwed it the other way until both plates were released. This cleared the error, but it is also my suspicion that basically I have disabled the condition check and may never encounter a C6L again, even when the correct conditions are met.
Again, any DIY fix and subsequent use is at your own risk.




Comments

  1. Thanks for this post. How did you remove the rubbery substance to get to the screws?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I just peeled the white rubbery stuff off with my fingers. There'll probably be some goop right in the screw top but a thin knife should still be able to slide in there enough to turn the screws.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Melissa Gaines and her blurry sexy pics

Oh boy! I had no sooner finished posting about the lovely Taylor Burch responding to my personals ad on Craigslist when Melissa Gaines (e-mailing from erikmcclure858@yahoo.com) mailed me a couple more pictures of her lithe body and selling her profile on the same looks-like-a-phishing-scam site (http://craigslistsafe.net/profiles/melx3/). One of them was an NSFW naked-breasts pic which I haven't posted here (sorry -- but honestly, nothing to write home about, especially with the serious bikini tan lines). Here's the e-mail exchange: Melissa e-mail #1 Here is my picture as attached. Please e-mail me details what you are looking for along with your pictures. Thanks and waiting to hear from you soon. Melissa e-mail #2 hey thanks for getting back to me we should definitely meetup sometime... if youre interested of course :) a couple things i should set straight though: 1 we use condoms 2 you join a dating site that I belong to safedates no worries though its fr

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 3

A picture from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. I can't remember why I had this couple in the picture, but I do vaguely remember this to be in London, on the first official day of the tour group getting together. Their insistence on my helping them take a picture caused the three of us to be late getting back to the bus. The local tour guide had a "rule" about lateness, that we had to buy chocolate to share with everyone. As it turned out, later in the trip, on at least two occasions, we were stuck on the highway on either a long commute or a traffic jam, and I had chocolate and chocolate-covered marzipan to share. About the chocolate-covered marzipan -- Apparently we were in Austria just as they were celebrating Mozart's birthday with special marzipans wrapped in foil with the famous composer's picture. I'm pretty sure it was Mirabell Mozartkugeln . Anyway, there were enough to go around the en

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 10

The last of my pictures (at least the ones that survived the cheesy disposable cameras) from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. Below is the obligatory group photo. Not sure everyone's in it, actually. I'm pretty sure this one was taken by the tour director, Mike Scrimshire as I'm in the back row, on the right side.